Breastfeeding is considered one of the best ways to meet your child’s nutritive and emotional needs. Doctors advise to breastfeed children right after their birth for a period of at least six months, because of the several benefits it can give to the mother and the child.
Its most important benefits are the following:
- Protects children from infections and diseases from which they can suffer in their first year of age, such as diarrhea, colds and ear infections.
- Breast milk contains all the nutrients needed by the child.
- Breastfed children have a lower risk of having diabetes.
- The sucking process helps the child to strengthen his/her gums and to develop his/her teeth in a healthy way.
- The child feels a sense of security and trust because of his/her proximity of his/her mother.
- Helps the mother to lose the extra weight gained during her pregnancy.
- Reduces the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Helps the uterus to return to its normal position.
Contact us to know more about the benefits of breastfeeding for your health and for your child!