Are you frustrated and depressed because of the weight you gained during pregnancy and after giving birth! Do you look and compare your old photos with the person who you have turned to… Are you trying to wear your old clothes but none of them matches your size now!!
First and foremost, you should be so proud of yourself because you have given birth to a little angle, so now you are a great mother who has accomplished a lot.
You should come to terms with yourself and your current situation as you should know that losing weight requires time and patience. Set a target within six months to one year but not less than that, because the rapid weight loss will prove unhealthy and soon you will regain the weight you lost so quickly.
Here are some pieces of advice that may help you lose weight:
- Set a logical target for yourself and write it down. Read your goal every day. To encourage yourself, you can keep a piece of clothes you prefer that does not suit your current size and you will be encouraged to wear it again.
- Try to have the last meal 2-3 hours before sleep.
- Make sure to have your breakfast in order to boost metabolism and burn fat at the beginning of the day.
- Make sure to have your main meal and snacks every day at the same time.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Choose carbohydrates with whole grains which are rich in minerals and fiber, such as brown bread, brown rice, and pasta made of whole grains, for they make you feel full.
- Do your exercises every day for a period of not less than 40 minutes a day, whether fast walking, jogging, or any aerobic exercises even at home.
- Stay away from all kinds of sweets and fried food, especially French fries, fast food, pastry, margarine and butter, tahini, halawa, soft drinks and sweetened juices.
- Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Add fiber-rich foods to your diet such as legumes, lentils, beans, oats, and vegetables.
- Cut down on the amount of serving you usually eat and always serve yourself the quantity you will eat.
- Breastfeeding help reduce your weight, make sure to keep at it.