Had some friends over for the weekend and hosted a Mexican themed dinner party. I had some close friends over and kept the whole ambiance simple and cozy. So, as you would always expect to start your meal with a bowl of salsa and nachos, I made a large bowl of fresh homemade salsa as a snack and also used the same recipe as a condiment to be used on the tacos and fajitas. I can comfortably say that this dish was a big hit.
Serves: 4 persons
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
• 4 tomato’s, finely chopped
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 lime
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
• 1 chili pepper deseeded and finely chopped.
1. In a bowl mix tomato’s, onion, fresh coriander, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder.
2. Ready to serve as a starter with nachos, or as a side dish.