For a snack that cools and hydrates you choose a refreshing iced-popsicle – there are many varieties available in supermarkets but it can be fun to make your own to keep handy in the freezer.
This recipe is ideal for staying hydrated in pregnancy combining the refreshing and hydrating properties of water and the fabulous taste and nutritional value of peaches with the stomach calming properties of ginger which is known to ease morning sickness and digestive problems.
Recipe for Peach and Ginger Iced-popsicles
- 2 Ripe peaches with the stone removed and sliced into chunks
- 1/3 Cup of sugar or sugar substitute to your preferred taste
- ½ Cup of cooled water
- 2 Ounces of fresh ginger root peeled and grated
- Place the water, sugar or sugar substitute and the ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer on a very low heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve and into your blender. Add the sliced peaches and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle-moulds and freeze until solid.