• 375 g linguine
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
• 2 sprigs basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
• 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 1/2 cups water
• Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Combine pasta, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large skillet.
2. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, stir and turn pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 to 12 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with basil. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese.